Friday, April 6, 2007

Day 8 Post-Op

Hello all. It's me Dewayne, yes I'm finally getting to post. It's great to be home! It was quite a journey with all of the delays in our flights and then Nashville Airport actually closed once we got in the air from O'Hara. At first we thought we were going back where we just came from in Minnesota. :( Luckily God worked it all out and we got home about 1:00 am Wednesday morning and the trip started at 3:00 pm on Tuesday. We didn't think we could leave so early but once I was discharges from the hospital and called the airline, it just worked out. I have spent the last couple of days recovering from about 3-4 hours of sleep the past several nights. It's still hard to sleep very long without being reminded and having to make adjustments, but praise the Lord we are home and all is well.

I have been walking more and more everyday and feeling a little better everyday. I have also been able to reduce several of my other meds since surgery, which is 5 pills a day. I am looking forward to feeling better and doing more without all the thumping!!

I would like to thank everyone for the cards, prayers, and encouragement all the way through this entire trip and surgery. I can not express in words the gratitude I have to all of you guys!! Thanks to all those that helped us financially, it has been a tremendous help and it's something that touched our hearts in ways that's indescribable. Teresa and I have commented several times that we have never felt the love of God through people as much as we have during this time. Praise the Lord for all of you!

Well, I'm going to sign off for now and get some rest.

God Bless to all of you.
Dewayne

No comments: